KVS 2020- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan: Get Know More about The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) popularly known as KVS is established on 15th December 1963 with a motto to provide uninterrupted education to the children of Indian Defence Personnel who are prone to frequent transfers. However, with the Indian Army starting its own schools under the name Army Public Schools, the KVS services are extended to other Central Government officials.
KVS – Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Schools – Know Complete Details Here
The KVS schools are under the autonomous control of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. There are a total of 1225 functional schools including 3 abroad at Kathmandu, Tehran, and Moscow with a total of 1,315,157 students.
Courses at Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan –
The KVS schools are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). All the schools offer a common syllabus and follow a bilingual instruction in both English and Hindi. Besides the syllabus, the KVS schools also follow the same dress code across the country. This enables students to continue with their academics even if they are to transfer to a different region mid-way.
Sanskrit is made compulsory to Class VI and VII and is an optional subject until XII. Students studying in KVS Moscow can choose between French and Russian as their second or third language.
Admission Process at Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) –
People who are self-employed, doing private jobs or anyone from the floating population are also eligible to apply for admission for their wards in Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. However, there is a priority criterion on which KVS offer their admissions.
The admissions at KVS are categorized in the following order,
Category 1: Central Govt. Employees
Category 2: Employees of Autonomous Bodies under Central Govt.
Category 3: State Govt. Employees
Category 4: Employees of Autonomous Bodies under State Govt.
Category 5: Self-employed/Private Job/Floating Population.
The children of Self-employed/Private Job Holders are only considered if there are any leftover seats after allotment to the government personnel.
Eligibility Criteria for admission at KVS –
A child seeking admission for Class I at KVS must be of 5 years old as on 31st March on that particular academic year. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered).
And the age limits on other classes are mentioned below.
I – 05 years – 07 years
II – 06 years – 08 years
III – 07 years – 09 years
IV – 08 years – 10 years
V – 09 years – 11 years
VI – 10 years – 12 years
VII – 11 years – 13 years
VIII – 12 years – 14 years
IX – 13 years – 15 years
X – 14 years – 16 years
NOTE: The above-mentioned ages are, as on 31st March of the year of admission.
Documents to be attached to the registration form –
Note: The process of application is absolutely free of charge.
Objectives of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) –
Salient features of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan –
What is so special about Kendriya Vidyalaya? –
As the first priority of the Kendriya Vidyalayas is given to the children of Central Government Employees and Defence, the majority of the crowd in the KVS is of them. They come from different origins, South, North, East and Western parts of India. It is like the essence of the whole India at a place. When children at such a tender age are exposed to different cultures and creed, there is a lot for them to pick from the experience.
Most of the children in KVS might have lived in different regions of India due to the frequent transfers of their parents. The children have got a lot of stories to share. Stories about their experiences in the past place, school, friends, and whatnot. Chances of exploring and learning are pretty high.
Equal importance to sports:
Most of the corporate schools in India are built in a busy and clumsy atmosphere and has no playground for extra-curricular activities while KVs are built in acres of land and give equal importance to sports. Every Kendriya Vidyalaya will have a football, basketball and volleyball courts.
Kendriya Vidyalayas follows a universal dress code throughout the country to help get rid of the rich-poor divide. Everyone has to wear the same dress and eat the same food, be it the son of a deputy general or the son of a street vendor. This is something you cannot find everywhere.
Besides quality education, children are taught to be kind to others, respect elders and are made to understand their social responsibilities. As most of the children in the KVs are from a Defense background, they don’t require to induce patriotism separately.
As the students of Kendriya Vidyalayas are from different parts of the country and speak in different native languages, children will find a maximum exposure to learn and adapt to new cultures and languages.
Kendriya Vidyalayas are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education which is recognized globally. The CBSE syllabus is arguably better than the state board. CBSE curriculum is structured and carefully designed.
Careers at KVS – Staff – Latest Recruitment 2020
The teachers at Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan are highly skilled and are recruited after intense filtration.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Recruitment 2020 | KVS PGT TGT PRT Teachers Jobs –
KVS PGT TGT PRT Teacher Jobs 2020 – Apply Online:
KVS Recruitment 2020 notification for Post Graduate Teacher (PGT), Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT), Primary Teacher, Principal, Vice-Principal and Librarian posts released – Apply KVS Recruitment Online Application Form at www.kvsangathan.nic.in.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has recently released its employment notice number 14 for direct recruitment of Vice-Principals, Principals along with PGT, TGT, and PRT posts.
KVS PGT TGT PRT Notification 2020 –
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has recently announced an advertisement to fill up a total of 6000 vacant posts for Post Graduate Teacher, Trained Graduate Teacher, Primary Teacher, Vice-Principal, Principal and Librarian. Interested candidates can opt to access KVS Recruitment Online Application Form from its official website – www.kvsangathan.nic.in
Eligibility Criteria For Kendriya Vidyalaya Teacher Jobs 2020 –
- For PGT – Maximum age of 40 years
- TGT and Librarian – Maximum age of 35 years
- Primary Teacher – Maximum age of 30 years
- Principal – Minimum age of 35 years and Maximum age of 50 years
- Vice Principal – Minimum age of 35 years to maximum age of 45 years
- Age Relaxation: SC/ST (05 years), OBC (03 years) and Women (10 years). Age relaxation for Ex-Servicemen is applicable as per Government norms.
KVS TGT PGT PRT Jobs 2020 Educational Qualification –
ice-Principal Posts –
- Master’s Degree (Min aggregate – 45%)
- B.Ed or equivalent teaching degree
Principal Posts –
- Master’s Degree (Min Aggregate – 45%)
- B.Ed or equivalent teaching degree
- Relevant Experience
Post Graduate Teacher Posts –
- 2 years integrated PG, M.Sc. course of regional college of education of NCERT or Master’s Degree (Mini 50% aggregate)
- E.Ed or equivalent degree
- Proficiency in teaching in Hindi and English Medium
- BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc./ M.Sc/ PG Diploma/ ‘B’ and ‘C’ Level DOEACC with mini. 50% aggregate.
Trained Graduate Teacher Posts –
- 4 years integrated degree course with at least 50% marks from the regional college of education of NCERT or Bachelor’s Degree (Min. 50% aggregate in the concerned subjects).
- B.Ed or its equivalent degree
- Passed in CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper-II with B.Ed
- Computer Knowledge
- Diploma in relevant subjects
Primary Teacher Posts –
- CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)
- Proficiency to teach through English and Hindi Medium
- Senior Secondary School Certificate or it’s equivalent with 50% aggregate and 2-year diploma in Elementary Education or 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education or 2-year diploma in Education or Graduation Degree with mini. 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
PRT (Music) Posts –
- Knowledge in Computer Applications
- Diploma in music not eligible
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent
- Senior Secondary School Certificate with 50% aggregate or intermediate with 50% marks
Librarian Posts –
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Working knowledge of English and Hindi
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or Graduate with a 1-year diploma in library science
Salary of a teacher at Kendriya Vidyalaya | Kendriya Vidyalaya Jobs Salary –
Below are the particulars about the pay scale of Kendriya Vidyalaya PGT TGT Teachers:
|Post||Pay Scale (in rupees)||Pay Level|
|Principal||78,800 – 2,09,200||12|
|Vice Principal||56,100 – 1,77,500||10|
|Post Graduate Teacher||47,600 – 1,51,100||8|
|Trained Graduate Teacher||44,900 – 1,42,400||7|
|Librarian||44,900 – 1,42,400||7|
|Primary Teacher||35,400 – 1,12,400||6|
Application Fee details for KVS Recruitment 2020 –
The application details for KVS TGT PGT posts 2020 are as follows,
|Name of the post||Examination/Application Fee|
|Principal and Vice-principal||1,500|
|Librarian, PGT, TGT and Primary Teacher||1,000|
- No examination/application fee for SC/ ST/ PH/ Ex-serviceman as per the rules of Government of India.
- The application fee is not refundable.
How to apply for KVS 2020 teacher jobs online? | KVS Recruitment online application form 2020 –
Applying for the posts of TGT, PGT, Librarian, Principal, and Vice-Principal for KVS Recruitment 2020 is pretty much straight forward. Follow the steps carefully.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
The tuition fee at KVS for Class IX & X (Boys) is 200/-, for Class XI & XII Commerce & Humanities (Boys) is 300/- and for Class XI & XII Science (Boys) is 400/-.
No! Kendriya Vidyalaya offers admissions from Class I – Class XII only. The minimum age required to get into KVs is 5 years.
The pay scale of a Trained Graduate Teacher is 44,900 – 1,42,400 (pay level – 7), Post Graduate teacher is 47,600 – 1,51,100 (pay level -8) and that of a Primary Teacher is 35,400 – 1,12,400 (Pay level – 6).
The salary of principal at KVS is 78,800 – 2,09,200 (pay level – 12) while the salary of Vice-principal is 56,100 – 1,77,500 (pay level 10).
No! Wards of self-employed persons, persons form private jobs and those from the floating population are also eligible for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas. The priority of KVS is,
Central Govt. Employees > Employees of Autonomous Bodies under Central Govt. > State Govt. Employees > Employees of Autonomous Bodies under State Govt. > Self-employed/Private Job/Floating Population
- 1 KVS – Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Schools – Know Complete Details Here
- 1.1 Courses at Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan –
- 1.2 Admission Process at Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) –
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria for admission at KVS –
- 1.4 Objectives of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) –
- 1.5 Salient features of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan –
- 1.6 What is so special about Kendriya Vidyalaya? –
- 1.7 Careers at KVS – Staff – Latest Recruitment 2020
- 1.8 Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Recruitment 2020 | KVS PGT TGT PRT Teachers Jobs –
- 1.9 Eligibility Criteria For Kendriya Vidyalaya Teacher Jobs 2020 –
- 2 How to apply for KVS 2020 teacher jobs online? | KVS Recruitment online application form 2020 –